Clinical Trials: Everything You Need to Know
Podcast episode featuring LLS's Clinical Trial Nurse Navigator, Neena Kennedy, BSN, RN, OCN.
Source: nbmtLINK's Marrow Masters Podcast
Finding a clinical trial can be overwhelming. Patients are often left to search on their own, leaving them with more questions than answers. Fortunately, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society now provides a service to take this burden off patients and their families.
Work one-on-one with an LLS Clinical Trial Nurse Navigator who will personally assist you throughout the entire clinical-trial process. Clinical Trial Nurse Navigators are registered nurses with expertise in blood cancers. Your nurse navigator will:
- Speak with you to understand your goals and help you decide if a trial might be right for you
- Help you understand the clinical-trial process including your rights and obligations as a participant
- Ask you for details about your diagnosis, including your genetic profile, past treatments and responses, your current physical condition and past medical history that might impact your eligibility for certain clinical trials
- Understand how your financial situation, insurance coverage, support network and ability and willingness to travel far distances might impact your choice of clinical trials
- Utilize an understanding of your unique situation to provide you with a list of appropriate clinical trials to discuss with your healthcare team
- Guide you in your efforts to enroll in a clinical trial, including connecting you with trial sites
- Be available for support throughout your experience in the clinical trial
To be contacted by an LLS Information Specialist or Nurse Navigator for clinical trial support:
For Healthcare Professionals
If you are a healthcare professional and would like to connect a patient with a CTSC Nurse Navigator, please click here.
For more information about this program, please contact an LLS Information Specialist:
- Call: (800) 955-4572
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
- Chat live online: Click Here
Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
- Email: Click Here
All email messages are answered within one business day.
- Leave a message 24/7 and we'll call back.
Call (800) 955-4572 to use the automated response system 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An Information Specialist will return your call the next business day. You can also listen to recorded information about LLS and our programs.
Information about Clinical Trials
To learn about clinical trials, click here.
Learn about the LLS IMPACT Research Grants program, which is bringing new treatment options to more patients.
Sponsors & Supporters
Support for this service provided by